Home

IPhone backup not enough space on computer

[10 Fixes] iPhone Backup Not Enough Space on Compute

1. An outdated iOS version can also be the culprit for iPhone backup not enough space on computer. You can try to have the iOS updated now if your phone system is not up to date: 1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update
  2. When you can't back up iPhone because not enough space is available on this computer, make sure that your Mac or PC is up-to-date. If you use iTunes to back up your iPhone, ensure that you are using the latest iTunes version
  3. Delete Corrupted Backups Deleting corrupted backups to free up more space can be a direct way to fix the iPhone backup cannot be saved because of not enough space on computer error. Launch iTunes: go to iTunes > Preferences > Devices. Select the backup file and click the Delete Backup button
  4. If you are getting an error like iTuens could not restore the iphone because there is not enough free space on the computer, then perhaps you need to update the iTunes app. It is possible that you haven't updated the app for a while or that you have no knowledge of the newly released update

If a message says there's not enough disk space when you try to back up your device, free some space on your Mac or PC. If you still see a disk-space error after you free enough space, contact Apple Support. If an alert says that your backup is corrupt or incompatibl Delete old iOS backups. iOS backups take up considerable space on your primary PC disk. If you already backed up your iPhone with CopyTrans Shelbee to another location, you can get rid of some of the old iOS backups made by iTunes. The iOS backup files can be found here If the reality is your iPhone doesn't have enough storage, you can try to clear the cache on the iPhone, or delete some iPhone photos to free up some space. But if after you delete some content and the storage is still not enough, we can go through the solutions below to restore iPhone backup If a message says there's not enough disk space when you try to back up your device, free some space on your Mac or PC. If you still see a disk-space error after you free enough space, contact Apple Support. Posted on Feb 28, 2017 12:09 PM View answer in contex

How to Put 2 Photos Together on iPhone (Vertical or

An iPhone backup does not include apps and music, and anything synced to iCloud (Settings/iCloud - all the switches that are on) so subtract those from what is on your phone and the rest will be what is in the backup. You will also get that error if iTunes does not have write privileges in the backup directory Scroll down to the Backup section and under Automatically Back Up choose This Computer. After some time, your computer will have a backup file of your iPhone. To double-check the file, go to the..

iPhone Backup Issue: Not Enough Space on Computer [Solved

1. Make sure you have enough space to hold all backups. If you have a big capacity hard drive but small system drive, find a logic drive other than the system installed, and make sure the partition has enough space to hold all the existing backups which were already created by iTunes
  2. My iPhone 4s won't backup. I receive the message: not enough space on computer. There is plenty of space on my mac, 220 gigabytes free
  3. itunes could not restore the iphone XXX because there is not enough free space on this computer to save the backup. I have the backup but during the restore process itunes wants to duplicate it and I don't have enough space on my hard drive nor can I create enough
  4. If an alert says that there's not enough iCloud storage Check how much iCloud storage you have available, then check your Next Backup Size. Then take steps to reduce the amount of information you store in iCloud, or upgrade your iCloud storage. Check your iCloud storage and Next Backup Size in iOS or iPadO
  5. Here's how to update iTunes to fix the issue of not enough storage for a backup restore: Step 01 - Backup your data. Step 02 - Launch iTunes on your computer. Step 03 - Press Check for Update

http://www.copytrans.net/blog/solved-itunes-could-not-backup-iphone-because-not-enough-free-space-is-avalaible-on-this-computer/ This is a quick and free sol.. 6. Make Sure You Have Enough Available Space on PC/Mac. If you have so much data to back up from iPhone to computer with iTunes, you may see a pop up saying, there's not enough disk space. That's because there's not enough room on your computer to store the huge size iPhone backup Export media files to PC is the quickest way fix iPhone not enough storage. iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac can help you to find out all videos/music/photos on iPhone. With it, you can preview and selectively delete them from iPhone and back up media to computer. It offers you a FREE trial to experience its features

If the solutions above still failed to solve the glitch iphone cannot restore backup not enough space, Tenorshare iCareFone will be highly recommendded to help you to restore backup on iPhone/iPod/iPad. It not only can restore data from backup, it also can backup all your data easily When a message says there's not enough disk space on the computer when you try to back up your device, it seems that the iTunes backup can't write to the store location. Or the file system encountered an exception, it gets the wrong free storage

I opened iTunes and pressed the option key to choose the iTunes library I have on the WD. I connected the phone, and selected Back Up Now. iTunes could not back up the iPhone iPhone because not enough free space is available on this computer. Removing files and emptying the Trash will free up additional space I have an iPhone 6s with 64 GB of storage, all of which is used. I'm using iTunes version 12.10.6.2 on a Window 10 laptop. When I try to back up my iPhone using iTunes, I get the message iTunes could not back up the iPhone 'xxxxx' because not enough free space is available on this computer If you still can't fix this iTunes restore problem - not enough free space on iPhone after trying all methods mentioned above, you can consider making a new iTunes backup and restoring your iDevice on another computer. Or you can follow Method 6 to get an iTunes alternative to restore your iDevice Backup Could not be Saved on the Computer This problem will more often manifest with a set of error messages such as iTunes could not backup iPhone because not enough free space available on computer or iTunes could not backup iPhone because could not be saved on computer

[Fixed] iTunes Backup Problem - Not Enough Space Is

Solutions to Fix Smart Switch Saying Not Enough Space. You need to create some space on your old phone. There are a few methods of doing this. Solution 1. Clear the old device cache. The first is to clear your device cache. Cache is a temporary storage of files on your device for frequently accessed information, however, removing it will not. I have created a backup on my iPhone 5, reset the iPhone (Deleted all data), and am I trying to restore the iPhone from the backup. However, it won't work because iTunes could not restore the iPhone because not enough free space is available on the iPhone We strongly recommend that you either leave this function enabled, or regularly back up your device to a Mac or PC with iTunes. You needn't plug your phone in to do this: it can be backed up to a computer using Wi-Fi (see the section above). Coda. This is a surprisingly common problem. I am: ⚪️ Single ⚪️ Taken iPhone Backup Faile iPhone Backup Not Enough Space on Computer. When I was backing up my iPhone X with iTunes, it says not enough space on my PC but actually there was at least 500GB free space so I don't think it's not enough. I don't know where my backup is saved. Any help would be appreciated. - Question from Apple Communit Solution 2: Reconnect Your iPhone to the Computer. Failure of the lightning cable or the connection port might also give rise to the message like not enough space to backup iPhone on Mac/PC. At this time, you can choose to reconnect your iPhone to this computer or use another USB cable available instead and try again

[Solved] iTunes Error: iPhone Backup Not Enough Space on

Solution 5. Rename the backup file to avoid any conflict from the iTunes backup location. Sometimes, this way works for the iPhone backup problem not enough space on computer. If you do not know where the backup location is, you can open the path in Solution 4 to rename it. Solution 6 When you're backing up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iTunes, you might see an alert message says, iTunes could not back up the iPhone because not enough free space is available on this computer. In this iMobie post, we will show you how to solve this not enough space to backup iPhone problem and offer you an iTunes alternative to help you backup iPhone without iTunes Not enough space to backup iPhone on Mac/PC? There are a few ways to fix such a terrible problem, but first, you should find out that if you actually have space available to make the backup. If you are still getting the message even though you have available space then you must go through the following solutions to fix it

If you can't back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a computer, or if you can't restore your device from a computer backup, learn what to do. If a message says there's not enough disk space when you try to back up your device, free some space on your Mac or PC Question: Q: NOT Enough free space on this computer to back up iPhone. How can this be true when i have 194 GB available on the computer and my entire iPhone has only 118 GB used Updating your software may also resolve the 'Not Enough Space to Restore iPhone Backup' issue. You are thus advised to follow the instructions below: Update iOS to Fix Not Enough Storage Issue. As the name suggests, we are here trying to fix our issue of 'not enough storage to restore iPhone up' by updating our iOS

I am getting a message while trying to back up my iPhone 5s that says this iPhone can't be back-up because there is not enough space on this computer. This would be easy to fix if it were true and it isn't. I have 255 gigs of free space on this computer. I then tried backing up to the cloud and still got the same message. Any thoughts on this When I try to backup I get an error: iTunes could not back up the iPhone because there is not enough free space on this computer to save the backup but I have 95GB free on my PC. I have a 64GB iPhone 6 that has ~50% free space if that makes a difference and I have tried updating to the latest iOS and iTunes versions as well as everything. If you get the 'Not enough iCloud storage' alert you can still back up your iPhone. Yes, you should be backing up your iPhone regularly. Here's how to do it even if iCloud won't let you

If you can't back up your iOS or iPadOS device to a

Free PList Viewer (Property List File Viewer) for Windows 10

Solved: iTunes can't backup iPhone because not enough free

Step 1. Click on the search icon (magnifying glass icon) for Windows 8 or 10. Windows 7 users, click on start to find the search icon. Step 2. Type in Program Data and then press enter. Step 3. Open the Apple folder and then delete the Lockdown folder. You may need to be signed in as the administrator to do it NOTE: There is a short moment when the old backup and new backup files for that device and both are on the hard drive before the old backup is deleted automatically. Checking available storage on your child's iOS device: If your child's device has little free space left (less than 5%), it will take much longer to back it up. Free some space on.

Quick Fix 'Not Enough Space to Restore iPhone Backup'- Dr

1. Since iTunes says it cannot restore iPhone because there is not enough free space on computer, you can delete some needless or old files to free up hard drive space. - Delete corrupted backups: The fact is when restoring a backup to iPhone, iTunes will extract the backup library and another new folder with a time stamp to the end of the backup.
  2. Your iPhone device should have enough backup storage space. Your iPhone device is turned off. Here, we also have included some quick fix that you can do if you noticed that your iPhone failed to back up your data using your iCloud. Follow the guide to solve iCloud backup failed. 1. Free storage to backup new files to iCloud
  3. #4. You receive a message that the backup could not be saved on your computer. If you receive this message - the backup could not be saved on this computer , verify again your programs. #5. You receive message that you have not enough free space available. If you receive this message, first step is to check the capacity and demands
  4. Source: iMore. Do not delete the old_backup folder yet.. Step 3: Create a symlink to tell your computer the new location of your backups. This is the more difficult and most important step to moving your iOS backups to an external hard drive. If you don't perform this step, your computer won't be able to back up your iPhone or iPad anymore
  5. Tap Backup Now and it will copy your entire device's info to the computer. Plug the device in via USB to your computer. If using a Mac, click on Applications > Image Capture. | If using Windows, click on File Explorer > Computer > and right-click the iPhone under there and click Import Photos

Apple iPhone takes a backup of the phone and stores it on iCloud, the company's proprietary cloud service that uses Google servers.Every iPhone user gets 5GB free iCloud space, which is used for. Rename the backup folder to iOS_backup and enter the admin password once again to confirm your action. Now, the most delicate part. It's not enough to create iPhone external storage, you have to tell iTunes where it is to ensure the backups will be done externally from now on If your iCloud plan does not have enough storage, you will be alerted and offered a chance to purchase additional storage space. How to backup your iPhone or iPad using the Finder Until macOS Catalina, iOS device backups on the Mac were handled by iTunes (they still are on Windows) But you can save space by having your photo library back up automatically to a cloud storage system. We recommend using the app Google+ because not only does it give you an unlimited amount of storage -- for photos less than 2048 by 2048 pixels (which includes anything you'll be taking on your phone) and videos less than 15 minutes long -- but.

NOT Enough free space on this computer to - Apple Communit

1. In Control Panel's Backup and Restore app, with your backup drive plugged in, click the Manage space link. Then click the View backups button. This will bring up a list of all your existing.
  2. Trying to restore from backup and it says there is not enough free space on the iPhone. But the screen says there is 17gb free. Does anyone know how
  3. g you.
  4. Yeah -- stop trying to sync so much data onto your phone ;-) The iPhone only has 8, 16, or 32GB of storage available, and your library has at least 300GB of content; obviously there's not enough space to cram everything from your computer onto the phone. Most folks deal with this by Syncing selected playlists onto their iPods/iPhones
  5. A simple iTunes backup will free up a ton of space on your iPhone. Here's how that works. even when you don't have enough space for it. But people who own a 16GB iPhone wouldn't might not.

When a computer runs programs in its random access memory (RAM), it takes up a small fraction of the space that it would otherwise. Over time, that RAM memory fills up, which slows down your device To back up with iTunes, plug your iPhone into your PC or Mac, open iTunes, and sync your files between your PC or Mac and iPhone. Unlike iCloud, iTunes backs up all your photos, images, media files not purchased from iTunes, messages, call logs, application data, settings, memos, calendar, and bookmarks One of the most common reasons for a failed iCloud backup is a lack of sufficient iCloud storage. Your iPhone won't be able to automatically back up to the cloud if there isn't enough storage space left for the entire backup. Everyone who signs up for an iCloud account receives 5 GB of free storage space, but that can get eaten up quickly My iPhone 12 Pro backup alone is over 130GB (a lot of photos and apps), so I need at least the 200GB iCloud storage plan ($2.99 a month). However, which iCloud storage plan you should get is entirely up to you and your personal needs. If you do not have enough space in your iCloud account, then your backups will fail

Because you end up with two distinct backup folders, it follows that in order to restore an iOS device, you need to have at least as much free space on the device as the size of the backup subfolder. In my case it was more than 50 GB. % cd ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync % cp -r Backup /Volumes/BigDisk/Backup % mv Backup Backup. The best way to access and view iCloud backup is to use iPhone Data Recovery. iPhone Data Recovery is software that restores iCloud data on a computer, but also solve the problem of iCloud backup not showing up. It is a trustworthy program to retrieve the files by iCloud backup that does not show up and fix the problem

How much space does an iphone backup take? - Apple Communit

Hopefully, Apple will increase the storage space on the entry level iPhone from 16 GB so fewer people will have to deal with this annoying problem. If only the trick would work on computers. More times than not, what's happening is that you do not have enough storage space left on iCloud. You do have a limited amount of space unless you're paying for unlimited storage through iCloud as part of your monthly phone bill. You can change the amount of storage space you have on either your iPhone or iPad by following these steps Trying to backup WhatsApp chats but the app is telling me that it needs 2.51gb of space and it is not available on the phone. Correct, it isn't, as it is a 16gb phone (being replaced today, thankfully) but there is around 33gb free storage on iCloud On Mac click the iTunes menu > Preferences. Note: For Mac users running Catalina/Big Sur, click Manage Backups in Finder to see a list of your backups. In Preferences, click the Devices tab. Select your iPhone in the backups list and press Delete Backup. Close the iTunes Preferences window and press Back Up Now to try the back up again Known issues and limitations. ★ Backup - General iOS device backup issues. Back Up button is greyed out in iTunes. Backup - iMazing shows Not Enough Free Space on Disk but Finder and iMazing are not showing the same available space (Mac) Backup - iPhone or iPad backup never finishes. iBooks - Missing ePubs or PDFs

Find out common limitations or known issues here. ★ Backup - General iOS device backup issues. Back Up button is greyed out in iTunes. Backup - iMazing shows Not Enough Free Space on Disk but Finder and iMazing are not showing the same available space (Mac) Backup - iPhone or iPad backup never finishes. iBooks - Missing ePubs or PDFs Calling the folder BackupiPhone is fine but calling it Backup iPhone is not. Now find where iTunes saves backups now. In the Finder, choose the Go menu, then select Go to Folder or just press. So, you will need to have double storage space on your iPhone to complete the iOS 10 installation. On the other hand, if you will use the iTunes, it will download the firmware on your computer and can easy install on your iPhone. Here's the step by step guide on how you can update your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 10 via iTunes If you have installed Windows 10 on a relatively small SSD that doesn't have enough free space to back up your iPhone, you might want to back up your iPhone to an external hard drive. The current version of iTunes for Windows OS doesn't offer an option to change the default back up location The most common reason for iPhone not backing up its data to iCloud is due to lack of iCloud Storage Space. 1. Open Settings and tap on your Apple ID. 2. On Apple ID screen, tap on iCloud. 3. On the next screen, you will see the amount of storage space remaining in your iCloud Account. If you do not have enough iCloud Storage (less than 2 GB.

How to backup your iPhone even if you get the 'Not enough

To update iOS, you'll want to have up to 6GB of free space. If you simply want to have enough free space so you can take new photos and install new apps without worrying about hitting an obstacle. In an attempt to reclaim some space on my iPhone, I discovered that iMovie was one of the biggest data hogs. (You can see how your iPhone's storage is being allocated by checking Settings. In the Choose Data to Back Up section, you should now see a list of the five apps that take up the most space on iCloud. 8. Turn off the backup feature for any of these apps by swiping the button.

Step 1. Run Aiseesoft iPhone Cleaner. Then connect your iPhone to the computer. Step 2. After scanning, select the files you want to remove and click on the Erase button in the corner. Step 3. All the unwanted data on your iPhone will be cleaned up. And your iPhone will work as good as new. Get Complete Guide Here-> I'm trying to restore my iPhone from backup (because my kid did accidentally deleted an app with a lot of important data). The process could not be completed due to low disk space. I have freed some space and tried again, only to fail again Go to iPhone Settings > tap your name > iCloud > turn iCloud Drive off and on. If you've turned on iCloud Drive for any device using your Apple ID, update to iOS 10 or newer to create a backup. Verify you have enough available space on your iCloud account to create a backup. You need to have at least 2.05 times the space available in your.

Fix iTunes backup problem due to not enough space on your

To delete your iTunes backups, open iTunes, click iTunes in the Menu bar -> Preferences -> Devices tab -> then delete all the backups. Restart your device, close iTunes and then re-open iTunes. After deleting all the backups, make a new backup in iTunes and check to see if the other space has reduced Change iPhone Backup Location on Mac Running macOS Catalina or Later. From the top menu bar, click on Go → Go to Folder. Type or copy-paste this exact address ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync. You are now at the location where your Mac makes the backups by default. Right-click on the Backup folder and select Copy Backup Then, I will delete the Backup folder (the one I renamed Backup2) from my mac (saving 17 gig of space) and see if I have enough space to do this iOS 5 update. When I am all done, I will try transfer the new contents in the Backup folder on my mac to my external hdd and do the symlink again

Iphone won't backup on windows 10/won't be recognised by windows 10 - posted in Apple iOS: Hey guys, Sort of a double problem here which Im stuck on. It says there is not enough space on my PC. To free up some disk space to fix Windows update not enough disk space, you can choose to delete some temporary file, the files in Recycle Bin, temporary internet files, and download program files. The different operating system requires different operations to clean the hard drive, so we introduce it separately. 1. In Windows 7 and Windows 10 The amount of storage that comes in your iPhone is all you're going to get. If you find you're always struggling with not enough free space on your iPhone or iPad, be sure to get a larger one next time. The base models — 8 GB and 16 GB, depending on the type of iPhone you're buying — have an extremely limited amount of space Click . Back Up Now to begin the backup process. iTunes or Finder will begin backing up your iPhone, and the backup file will be stored in your iTunes MobileSync folder. iTunes or Finder will only store the most recent backup for each of your iOS devices.. The backup process will likely take a few minutes to complete. The backup file that is created cannot be opened, it can only be used to. Let's say for example (using not real numbers) you have 5GB of free space on your device, which is enough to hold 500 images. Google Photos will download those 500 images from iCloud and upload to Google, then iCloud will see you're out of space and remove those images, and move on to the next batch of 500

Question: Q: Cannot restore from backup not enough space

And of course you need enough iCloud storage space to do it. iCloud Storage Space. As mentioned above, Apple give you 5GB of iCloud storage space free. In iOS8 to view and manage your iCloud space: On your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch tap Settings. Tap iCloud. Tap Storage. Tap Manage Storage iTunes is the official software used for backup the data in iPad. However, users might encounter alert messages, and could not backup iPad with iTunes. The most common reason is not enough disk space. In order to solve this issue, please follow the following 6 steps. After you completed the step, please try to back up the iPad with iTunes again. How to back up to iCloud - You can back up and restore your WhatsApp chat history with iCloud. Note: WhatsApp chat histories aren't stored on our servers. Media and messages you back up aren't protected by WhatsApp end-to-end encryption while in iCloud. We can't retrieve any deleted messages for you. Back up to iCloud Manual backup You can make a manual backup of your chats at any time. Go to. Then delete enough photos in your Camera Roll so that the size of your backup is less than the space available on your iCloud account. If it is not your Camera Roll that is taking up the most space, then just turn off the backing up of the items that you don't care about backing up Click on File > Add Folder to Library. On a Mac running Catalina, open the Music app, click on File > Import. Browse to the folder for the album and click Select Folder or Open. You should see the.